Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Today Was a Fast, Fun, First Day!

The boys and girls from Rotation B were really ready to begin our first SAGE day.  I was so impressed with how quiet and focused they were when they arrived!  It was nice to see my returning students and to have a chance to get to know our new classmates.  I always wonder what our class will be like with the addition of new students and a new mix of personalities?   They seem like a pretty hard working group (with a "not-so-hidden" silly, fun-loving side.)  We are definitely off to a great start!


The students began their morning by writing a paragraph about something in which they love to study.  Next week, we will try to finish these to share and display our interests and passions.

During our lab time, the boys and girls learned to log in to our computers with their new user name and password.  They also practiced accessing our class blog.  There are many wonderful student and parent resources on the tabs along the top of our Primary Thinkers "home" page.

After recess, the students had a chance to get better acquainted with a classmate they did not know. To do this, they took turns interviewing their partner and recording a few facts about him/her.












Each student then had the opportunity to introduce their friend to our class and share a few details about that person.  They did a wonderful job on their introductions!














I took notes and discovered some pretty interesting facts about the boys and girls as they were introduced.  I thought about posting some of the facts here.  Rather than having me share them, I think I would like to encourage the students to post a comment here about their partner.

With your mom or dad's help, please add a comment to our blog post and share one or two facts you learned about your new friend.  (Parents, this can be done without creating a Google account.)  Remember, we only use first names, so mention your friend by his or her first name and sign your comment with just your first name.

If you have trouble figuring out how to leave a comment, don't worry, you can do it in our class next week and we can help you.







In the afternoon, the students were introduced to TOPS Math and learned how we structure this individualized, problem solving program.  TOPS can be pretty tricky!  It stumped a few students, but I can see we have some strong math students in this class!

 











I hope you enjoyed your first week of SAGE.  Have a wonderful weekend and we will see you next B day.

4 comments:

  1. I love sage it is fun! I had a great summer. I got to go to a hotel with my Papa. I also got to go to Worlds and Oceans of Fun. It was the best summer ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Isabella I just wanted to test this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allison,

    That was a really great, quality comment! I'm glad you had a fun summer. What is your favorite thing to do at World's or Ocean's of Fun? I wanted to tell you how pleased I am with you. You have really matured over the summer and gained self confidence! I am so happy to see you being brave, taking risks and trying new things. You should be very proud of yourself. Keep up the good work!

    Mrs. Koch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Isabella,

    You did it just right! Now try and find a place to post a comment where you really can share some things you are learning! Do you have any fun plans for your weekend? I hope you enjoy it.

    Mrs. Koch

    ReplyDelete