Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Wrapping" Up Our Semester

It was a little quiet today.  We missed Lily and Sofie.  (I know Lily was enjoying her school festivities and we hope Sofie is traveling safely.  We can't wait to here about her South American adventures!)

The students worked so hard all morning!  I was really surprised, delighted and impressed by their focus so close to our winter break.  We started our day working on our math problem solving skills in the TOPS Math program.  They are very good problem solvers as a group.

Next, the students used the snowman cards we have received to gather data about the average high temperature on December 15th in each city.  After lunch, we learned to use Microsoft Excel to graph their data.  Here are three of the student graphs (Brianna's, Scott's and Charles'.)


We ended our day with Spanish.  Ask your child to sing their Spanish Jingle Bells!


Have a fun and relaxing winter break!  We will look forward to seeing the students in January!

2 comments:

  1. Dear mrs.koch,
    I am sorry I did not make it today I bet you guys had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs.Koch,
    I had lots of fun over winter break.I went to see Happyfeet 2

    Corrina.

    ReplyDelete